Thursday, April 14, 2011

LaWrell's Rebuttle to the Brink

Update on JD.  Yesterday was a lot better than surgery day.  And he slept great last night.  He did have to take another pain pill before bed because, well, he was still in pain.  Oh and we took the dressing off because it was driving him nuts.  It was a lot more swollen and just nasty than I thought it would be.


Three Thing Worth Sharing


First, JD has made it painfully clear over the last two years that he hates to wait.  I don't care how you try or if medical professionals  do try, but there is  a lot of waiting when it comes to solving a health issue.  At JD's last pre-op appointment he was waiting in the check-up chair and I was waiting in a chair behind him.  He turned to me and said, "Mom do you hate waiting too?"  If you could have just heard his voice. Part of me wanted to laugh out loud and shake him.  It was like it dawned on him for the first time that I might not have liked this experience any more than he did.  The other part of me wanted to kiss him becuase it was like it dawned on him for the first time the sacrifices I had made for him and he sounded so grateful.  But I decided to just say, "It's not too bad if I have something to read."  I think he got the message.  It's what parents do.

Second, when JD finally got to us after the surgery he was in a lot of pain.  He was crying and telling us how bad his head and ear hurt.  It is just so sad to see a teenage boy cry.  But it is worse when the tears are just streaming from one eye.

Third, LaWrell said he completely understands about the BRINK.  It's just a long way from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment